Finding the right wedding stationery printing company can sometimes be difficult. We’ve put some tips how to select the right wedding invitation printers together, to help guide you through the wedding printing process.
1. If you don’t have your wedding stationery design available, find a printing company who has a designer catalogue of pre-made wedding invitation designs ready to view. This way, you’ll be able to either select one of their existing designs, or will be able to customise one of the details to better suit your wedding day theme.
Most decent wedding stationery companies offer a wide selection of designs to choose from, including contemporary, classic, rustic, elegant, vintage, modern, typography based, floral, script, traditional, boarding pass, art deco, chalkboard, destination, chevron, watercolour and more.
2. If you are on a budget, find a wedding printer who print your wedding invitations in-house. This will keep the costs down, as you’ll cut out the unnecessary middleman.
3. Choose a wedding invitation style that will best suit your wedding day theme. There are many printing options to choose from, including digital, letterpress, metallic foiled, pocket fold invitations, thermography, laser and die cut. Make sure to get samples if you are unsure of how your invitation designs will look once they are printed.
4. If you have commissioned a designer to create completely bespoke wedding invitations from scratch, be sure to provide them with a detailed job spec. It may help to send pictures of some wedding stationery examples that you like. This will help guide the designer to achieve the perfect wedding invitations to complement your special day.
5. Plan the printing of your invitations early. Some of the more complex wedding stationery can take up to 10 days to move through the printing production process.
6. Get printed samples of your wedding stationery on the different paper types that are available. The colour, tactile feel, paper finish and weight may look quite different to screen samples.