So you have a wedding toast coming up. Maybe you’re stumped and have no clue what to say. Don’t worry, you can use some easy brainstorming techniques to get your ideas flowing.
First, write down everything that you love about the person you’re toasting.
- What is their personality like?
- What does he or she do to make you laugh?
- What makes them unique?
- What is their character?
- What are their hobbies?
- What will make them a good husband or wife?
Just start writing, don’t stop, and come up with as many words as you can to describe the person getting married.
Second, start thinking about stories that highlight those traits.
- What story (or set of stories) best highlights any of the traits from the list above?
- What are your favorite memories from growing up or being friends together?
- When was a time he or she was “there for you?”
- How did the bride and groom meet?
- What is the one story you always love to tell about the person?
Third, ask others if you are still stuck on what to say.
Start asking friends and family—they may have more stories or ideas you hadn’t thought of. A quick email or phone call will go a long way in coming up with ideas.
Want more tips and an entire course to help you write your wedding toast today?
This course will…
- Help you brainstorm ideas for your best man or maid of honor toast
- Take those ideas and put them into a trusted template
- Give you tips and methods for memorizing and delivering the toast on the big day
Here’s the coupon for $10 off: https://www.udemy.com/create-your-wedding-toast-today/?couponCode=WeddingSpeech
Coupon Code is: WeddingSpeech
By: Eddie Rice, Freelance Speechwriter (www.customspeechwriting.com)